Monday, March 17, 2014

Lucky to Have You Card by Vicki Robertson

 

HI! Vicki Robertson here today sharing a wee bit of St. Patrick's Day inspiration with you. With any luck at all, I'll be celebrating the day with the someone special in my life!

I have used a square base, which if you haven't read before, is my favorite! There is something about creating on a square space that makes me happy. It's like a mini scrapbook layout the takes on a life of it's own and doesn't have to go into an album!

I used cardstock matted with both a layer of patterned paper and more cardstock as the card base. Next, I die-cut the lace doily background for the bouquet from white cardstock using the Couture Creations Les Fleurs Die. It's inked in a rainbow pattern with distress inks. ( Note: I saved the negative piece cut from the center of the doily for use on the card later.) The bouquet base is next, and is cut from green glitter paper using the Couture Creations Roses Nesting Die.

The shamrocks and four leaf clovers are cut from cardstock, gold glitter and velvet specialty papers. I adhered them to the doily starting on the outer edge and working toward the center. The different colors and textures are placed alternately throughout and I added dimension to them as I built the bouquet higher. In the very center of the bouquet I added a smaller Couture Creations Roses Nesting Die die-cut and matted it with the negative piece of the doily that I saved. I tucked in gold vines around the outer edges of the doily and under the bow that were cut with the Couture Creations Jasmine Dream Die.

The computer generated sentiment is cut with a banner die and inked with gold along the edges. I tucked it under a stack of clovers and shamrocks on top of the roses die-cut. For a pop of color and to emphasize the sentiment, I made two shamrocks from red velvet. One is stacked under the gold shamrock and I cut the heart shape on top from the other. The final touch to the bouquet is a gold mesh bow that I made using my Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool.

 

I love the contrast between the gold, green and red that is so evident in this close up.

Thanks for stopping by to share my St. Patrick's Day inspiration!
~Vicki

Couture Creations Supplies:

CO723415 Endless Dreams Collection - Jasmine Dream Decorative Die
CO723243 Madeline Collection - Les Fleurs Lace Die
CO723218 Roses Nesting Dies
CO721962 Foam Mounting Tape
CO721956 Stainless Steel Scissors
CO721957 Self Healing Cutting Mat
CO723061 Sponge Dauber

Other Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Glitter Paper: American Crafts, Recollections; Velvet Paper: SEI; Patterned Paper: CTMH; Lucky Leaves Die: Memory Box; Pennant Die: Spellbinders; Bow Making Tool: Craft-Dee BowZ; Other: Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment