Wednesday, March 26, 2014

37 Weeks by Patti Hamil

 
Hi! Couture Creations Designer Patti Hamil here today. I wanted to show how to create a layout using scraps. I had some pieces left from the Damask Delight paper that I wanted to use. The colors were perfect for our daughter's photo taken during the last week of her pregnancy!

First I decided to take my smaller scrap, which was a striped pattern, and cut several sizes of circles using the Circle Nesting Dies. I started laying out a basic pattern that I liked for the page. Once I liked the look, I used Double-Sided Tape to adhered the circles to white cardstock. I took a green and blue marker that matched the paper and did some "faux stitching" around the larger pieces.
 


I wanted some blooms on the page, I'm a flower junkie, so I decided to just make some by hand. Very easy. You can use any of the Couture Creations Floral Nesting Dies or Circle Nesting Dies. For this type bloom cut 3 circles, 2 the same size and one smaller.

I then took blue ink and a Sponge Dauber and inked the edges of the die-cut layers.


I then layered and pinched them together. I crumbled each die-cut up first and then carefully unfolded it, then attached the layers together. Then you can just play with the petals until you get the look that you like! I used the cut off part of a stem from a manufactured flower, the kind that have the twisted ends, you can fray it and it makes a great flower center!


I needed some accent blooms, so I used the Retro Flower Die to make 4 flowers. I placed a  Moonlight Self-Adhesive Pearl in the center of each flower. I layered two flowers together for each little bloom.



I placed circles and blooms in several places and added a few Seaspray Self-Adhesive Gemstones as accents.


Here is another close-up of the little cluster.
 

Here you see the larger bloom and the little ones around it.
 

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Patti

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723545 Damask Delight Paper Pad
CO723040 Circles Nesting Dies 
CO723524 Secret Treasures Collection - Retro Flowers
CO721989 Seaspray Self-Adhesive Gemstones
CO721994 Pink Diva Self-Adhesive Gemstones
CO721998 Moonlight Self-Adhesive Pearls
CO721956 Sharp Point Scissors
CO721954 Precision LED Tweezers
CO723623 Sponge Daubers
CO721984 Double-Side Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment