Friday, February 7, 2014

Just Dreamin' Layout by Sue Smyth


Hi! Couture Creations Designer Sue Smyth here today. My Daughter just loves to day dream, and here she is on our friends boat. Who knows what she is thinking.


I just love the Secret Treasures Feather Die, and here I have combined it with real feathers to 
embellishment my layout. I have several ways I like to alter the feathers and today I will share one of them below.


Designer Tip: Use Couture Creations Gemstones to embellish lace borders.


Step 1. Cut several feathers from white cardstock and light-weight chipboard using the Feather Die. Adhere the white cardstock to the chipboard.


Step 2. Use a fine tip pen to doodle in lines over the feather.


Step 3. Spray the feather with water to blend the pen ink.


Step 4. Allow to feather to dry naturally to enable the pen ink to bleed. Blend the ink a little with your finger if needed. Hint: Use a white gel or paint pen to add spots or highlights.

Happy Crafting!

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723516 Secret Treasures Collection - Feather Decorative Die
CO723531 Secret Treasures Collection - Ivy Decorative Die
CO721994  Pink Diva Gemstones
CO723545 Damask Delight Paper Pad 

No comments:

Post a Comment