Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dream Boat Cards by Jo Piccirilli



Hi everyone! Couture Creations Designer Jo Piccirilli here today. I have been playing around with the 3-in-1 Dream Boat Collection that was released late last year. Today I have two cards to share.  Here's my first one using the Butterfly Notes 3-in-1 Set. Let me show you how I created this card.


Using a blending tool to mix your inks over the paper. Keep blending until the desired color is reached.


Next, ink up the stamp from the set and stamp onto the prepared paper.


Note: I stamped the image twice along the bottom and then trimmed the paper to better fit my card.


Using the embossing folder from the set, line up the stamped image inside the folder and run it through an embossing machine.


I used the stamps again on patterned paper and die-cut them out with the dies from the set to create layered embellishments. I used the Circle Nesting Dies to cut my sentiment block and added some Glitzin' Glamour Glitter Glue and Self-Adhesive Pearls to finish the card!

For my next card I decided to keep it very simple but I still think it is striking.


I used the Floral Wreath 3-in-1 Set from the Dream Boat Collection for this card.



Gently swipe across the paper to be stamped with an anti-static cloth. This really does help improve the quality of the embossing. Ink the stamp with Versamark ink and stamp onto white cardstock.


 Pour gold embossing powder over the stamped image.


Use a heat gun to melt the embossing powder.


Using the embossing folder from the set, line up the stamped image inside the folder and run it through an embossing machine.


I used the stamps again on patterned paper and die-cut them out with the dies from the set to create layered embellishments.


I also cut out a smaller flower with the smaller flower die and layered it on top of the larger flower, attaching it to the card with a pearl brad. Stamp a sentiment onto the front of the card, mat on black cardstock and attach to a white card base to finish.

Thanks for letting me share!

Until next time,

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723400 Dream Boat Collection - Butterfly Notes 3-in-1 Set
CO723402 Dream Boat Collection - Floral Wreath 3-in-1 Set
CO723040 Circle Nesting Dies
CO723041 Scallop Circle Nesting Dies
CO721999 Cafe Creme Self-Adhesive Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment