Monday, January 27, 2014

Vintage Shabby Chic Card by Cathi O'Neill


Hi! Couture Creations Designer Cathi O'Neill here today! I'm sharing a card that I created with some gorgeous glimmer cardstock and some NEW embossing folders and dies released by Couture Creations.


To start my card I used a base of green glimmer cardstock and embossed it with the beautiful Asian Wave Embossing Folder.


Next, I layered on top of my card a piece of cardstock cut with the beautiful Madeline Les Fleurs Die. To the center of the die-cut I added a beautiful vintage image of a woman.


I add some yummy keys from the Madeline Keys to My Heart Die.


I antiqued my card by adding gesso. It highlighted the raised edges of the embossed pattern, and when I coated the edges and random spots on the doily and key die-cuts, it added a really antiqued peeling whitewash paint effect to card. I just love how effective it looks!


To finish the card I added a vintage seam binding double bow on the keys and some Moonlight Self Adhesive Pearls on the doily. Simply done, but a very textured and elegant effect.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
~Cathi
  
Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723640  Harmony Collection - Asian Wave Embossing Folder
CO723243  Madeline Collection - Les Fleurs Die
CO723239  Madeline Collection - Keys to My Heart Die
CO721965  18mm Double Sided Tape
CO721997  Moonlight Self Adhesive Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment