Wednesday, July 3, 2013

United We Stand Card by Cathi O'Neill


Hi! Cathi O'Neill here today with a patriotic card for CSW Distributors. I just love to use vintage images with my cards, and I paired one with my Couture Creations embossing folders, dies and pearls to make a red, white and blue Fourth of July card!


I started by using the Couture Creations Fresh and Fun Large Powder Puff Embossing Folder. The shapes reminded me of stylized fireworks and was the perfect backdrop for my image.



I used Scallop Square Nesting Dies, and put two together to make my rectangular shape, hiding the joint under the festive ribbon. 




I cut a slit into the cardstock with my Couture Creations Craft Knife and threaded the ribbon through so it could lay flat.



To make my rolled flowers I used the smallest flower form the Couture Creations Daisy Nesting Die set and cut a spiral into each of them, rolling and securing the flower and adding a pearl in the center of the flowers. 



I used the Endless Dreams Tranquility Decorative Die, which again reminded me of fireworks, to embellish the card.



To put the card together I used 18mm Double Sided Tape to attach the scallop squares to the embossed card base.



I attached the vintage image and sentiment with Couture Creations Foam Mounting Tape to add dimension. I love this foam tape so much, I don't have much left! I think I need to put in a request for more soon! I just love the dimension it gives to cards and layouts!



I tied the bow around the card, added the sentiment and glued the flowers and flourishes into place.




Couture Creations Supplies: 

CO723217  Daisy Nesting Dies 
CO723043  Scallop Square Nesting Dies  
CO723435  Endless Dreams Decorative Die - Tranquility  
CO723441  Fresh and Fun - Super Powder Puff Embossing Folder  
CO721955  Premium Non-Stick Scissors  
CO721986  Handheld Essentials - Craft Knife  
CO721961  12mm Foam Mounting Tape  
CO721965  18mm Double Sided Tape  
CO721997  Self Adhesive Pearls

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Fourth of July!

Cathi

No comments:

Post a Comment