Friday, July 19, 2013

Engineering Sound with Dana Tatar


Hi! Dana Tatar here for CSW Distributors today sharing a music themed layout. I used the Couture Creations Uber Embossing Folder, from the Fine Designs Collection, on foil and cardstock on this page. I LOVE the vector diagram design on this folder! I though of my husband when I saw this design. He's an engineer by day and plays in a rock band at night, and was the inspiration behind this page.


I used alcohol and archival inks on this piece of embossed foil to add color and a bit of grunge. I highlighted several of the circles with metal studs.

 
I used a set of nesting dies to cut several eyelet circles from Core'dinations Cardstock, which I then embossed with the Uber Embossing Folder. I lightly sanded and inked the raised pattern before embellishing.


My husband is always swapping out broken parts from his guitar amps and the spoils are all mine!


I started this piece by cutting up and washing an empty coffee bag.  The foil liner yields a fantastic embossed impression and is almost impossible to tear.  This is my material of choice for all my embossed foil pieces.


I added color to this foil piece with Alcohol Inks. I randomly colored small areas with Lettuce, Terra Cotta and Butterscotch for an aged rusty feel.  I then filled in the remaining areas with Stream. I didn't worry about complete coverage here because I liked the look of some silver foil peeking through the color.


To help make the embossed areas on this foil piece pop, I lightly applied black Archival Ink to the foil by dragging the pad over the raised areas.


I love the rusty aged look!  Perfect for a grungy rock and roll layout!


I dressed up my Core'dinations Cardstock eyelet circles with the Uber Embossing Folder.  I then sanded and inked the raised areas before adding metal studs and paper stars.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope I have inspired you to use embossing folders and dies to make some unique embellishments for your scrapbook layouts!

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723257 - Fine Designs - Uber Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment