Monday, July 15, 2013

Embossed Paper Strips with Pam Bray


Hi! Pam Bray here today for CSW Distributors! I am so excited to share with you my card that I created by using some fabulous Couture Creations products.


I started by cutting a strip of Meadow Core'dinations cardstock. Using the Hepburn Embossing Folder, I embossed the cardstock by running it through my die-cut machine.


The best part about Couture Creations Embossing Folders is the NEW 50mm wide slot feature at the top of the folder, which allows for a continuous feed of of paper strips. All I can say is "genius!"


Once I removed my strip from the Hepburn Embossing Folder, I sanded over the top with my Couture Creations Sanding Block to expose the inner core of the paper.


I cut two frames with the Couture Creations Scallop Rectangle Nesting Dies, one from yellow pattern paper and the other from a piece of white cardstock, to create a decorative base for my stamped sentiment.


I used the Couture Creations Scallop Circle Nesting Dies and die-cut as many as I could from a piece of 6 x 6 patterned paper.  


Using my Precision Scissors, I cut each of the scallop circles, every other scallop, going toward the middle, making sure not to cut through the center of the circle. I rolled each scallop, using my stylist from the Handheld Essentials Kit, on a molding mat, tipping the edges of the flower pieces after they were rolled. I inked the edges of the flowers with brown ink to give them a bit more depth.


I layered my pieces together with Foam Mounting Tape and adhesive and added a Self Adhesive Pearl to the center of each of the flowers with my Precision Tweezer.


Here is a side view of my card so you are able to see the depth of the card.


I used more of the embossed strip that I had made to finish the inside of the card. I think it is also important to finish the inside of your card to give it a more complete look.

Hugs,
Pammejo

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723041 Scallop Circle Nesting Dies
CO723047 Scallop Rectangle Nesting Dies
CO723289 Elegance Collection - Hepburn Embossing Folder
CO721956 Precision Scissors
CO721961 Foam Mounting Tape
CO721957 Self Healing Cutting Mat
CO721983 Double-Sided Tape
CO723060 Sanding Block
CO721954 Precision LED Tweezer
CO721997 Self Adhesive Pearls - Pink Blush
CO721986 Handheld Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment