Friday, July 5, 2013

Dream Frame by Tracey Cooley

CSW Distributiors would like to share a project created by Tracey Cooley, special project designer for Couture Creations.

My husband works away a lot and my beautiful 8yr old daughter Tayla is a wonderful help to me. She helps me with her little sister (3), does chores and is generally a wonderful young lady. So as a surprise, I made this frame for her bedroom wall as a gift for all that she does.


 

I purchased 2,  8"x10" black frames from my local discount store and then cut a piece of white cardstock with the Couture Creations Fantasia Doily Die - Irish Dreams. (First apply the Ejection Foam that comes with the die that is found in between the back packaging.) 

I stamped a "T" for her name in the middle of the doily. Then, with Couture Creations 12mm Double Sided Tape, I covered the gap in the back of the doily, just around the center. Flipping it over I used my Couture Creations Precision Craft Knife to trim away any unwanted tape. I then applied some blue glitter (Tayla's favorite color).

I then took the glass from my second frame and sandwiched the doily in between it and the original frame. HINT: I made some chipboard chocks to keep the glass in place as I did not want to use the backing board from the frame. You could use silicone to do this as a more permanent solution.


Then I simply embellished the front of the glass with some matching elements. The best thing about this frame is that Tayla loved it!  

Couture Creations Supplies:
CO723224 Fantasia Doily Die - Irish Dreams
CO721965 Double Sided Tape
CO721986 Handheld Essentials - Precision Craft Knife
CO721957 Cutting Mat

Keep on creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment